Over the weekend, I set a little time aside to set my new moon intentions. This is a sacred ritual that I’ve been doing for some time and I’ve seen some amazing results from this little exercise. When I put some deep thought in and get really specific and hone in on what I want to create and how I want to feel, the outcomes are phenomenal.
As I was reading mystic mamma’s astral insights, it just so happened what I needed to hear jumped right off the page at me. The words were:
”Are you ready to move from fear to freedom”
Hell ”YES” I thought to myself!
Do you live in constant fear of never ”measuring up”?
Do you constantly act and move from a place of fear and not freedom?
Do you fear you’ll never be as good as ”X” at writing, public speaking or teaching?
Are you afraid of putting yourself out there, in fear of what others will say and think?
I’m a strong believer, in that words come at the right time when we’re ready and need to hear them. I truly needed to hear those words over the weekend. I know deep within me, there lies an endless source of innate wisdom, light and love but yet I’m so scared to allow it to pour from my heart on to paper. I feel like I’ve been hiding behind the walls of my blog for too long. There is so much I want to share with you, but I’ve been so scared. I guess you could say I’ve been moving from that place of fear rather than freedom.
I’ve been playing it safe. I know there’s so much more I can give and offer and I’m ready. My soul is yearning to share more and to step up more and shine into the light. These words have been like a light-bulb, a massive wake up call to take action and to play bigger and I can credit my daily dedicated yoga and meditation practice for these insights I get on my mat from time to time.
I’m so passionate about yoga, but yet I’ve been so petrified to write about it and my journey due to being caught up in an endless spiral of comparisonitis. My inner critic has been getting in the way and calling the shots for way too long. Negative thoughts such as ”who wants to seriously hear about your journey” and ”there are so many other better and more advanced teachers out there with so much more to share than you” have been popping into my head too often.
I believe if I can write from a place of love, authenticity and freedom (with the best interests of my readers and always adding value) then my tribe will come to me. However, if I’m constantly looking outside of myself trying to be someone I’m not – well I’m just coming from that place of fear again.
Some ways I’m learning to move from Fear to Freedom at the moment:
- Asking for guidance, I’m asking my guides and my angels for support and assistance with my writing.
- I’ve dedicated more time for reading which will increase my vocabulary and confidence which in turn will make me a better writer. Writing is an area I lack confidence in, you see I didn’t get into any serious reading until my mid 20’s and I’ve a huge stigma around that. Hopefully with time, my confidence will grow. I know all I need here is practice and time.
- Continuing with the inner work and healing around my confidence and self-esteem.
- Trusting in the process as well as myself.
- Getting honest. What am I scared of? Doing a writing exercise of all my current fears – getting real and honest. Then burning it and releasing my fears to the universe. These are only fragments of my mind and not the truth.
- Getting support. Finding a coach/mentor to support and guide me. Someone who has been there and who understands.
- Do a writing a course when the time is right. This has been on my wishlist for a quite some time but I’ve decided not to push it. Instead I’m waiting until the time is right!
As Yogi Bhajan said, “Keep up, and you’ll be kept up.”
“If you want to pass the test of time, life, self, grace, projection, and reality, you must decide to keep up, no matter what. There is no other way. And you have to keep up in the face of everything.”
Tell me what’s your biggest fear right now and how can you move forward? How can you surrender a little around your fears and move into that place of freedom?
I’d love for you to join me in this journey of moving from fear to freedom.
Yours, in love and light.
Be kind, be courageous, be yourself.
LOVE THIS POST?
Join our community and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.