So 2013 is imminent, seriously where did that year go? It’s true the older you get, the quicker the years seem to drift by – each one passing at the speed of lightning!
I’m super excited about 2013 and I’m feeling a very exciting, transformative and huge year ahead!
I believe each New Year is our chance to reinvent ourselves, to reflect on what we have experienced over the past year and what we truly hope to welcome in. One of the best ways to begin our new year, a new project or idea or even a new day is by setting a clear intention. By taking time to do this very simple act, we can begin to shift our lives with a positive attitude and care.
Setting an intention can be like shooting an arrow into the future. The more specific the intention is, the better the aim you have to hit your target. Just think about the final destination of the intention instead of focusing on the how. I have found through my own experience that the journey will usually unfold in unexpected ways and being open to that makes it all even more fun and interesting.
Some reasons we set intentions (here are just some examples on what I set for 2012)!
- Manifest abundance in my life
- To be more connected to a community that supports me
- To change my lifestyle (to become even healthier)
- To be open to and to bring new + loving relationships into my life
- To allow love to flow easily into my life
- To start the process of opening my heart (it’s a long process!!!)
- To create NurturePod (branding etc.)
- To create + build my own website
- To set up my Facebook page
- To put myself out there + offer my services as a yoga teacher + health coach
- To start living the amazing life of purpose I had dreamed of
- Continue self-healing (long + bumpy road)
- To get a puppy
- More self-love + self-care
- To create + run my first workshop (I ran my very first successful corporate workshop in Oct and am now booked in for 2 already for 2013)
- Manifest more yoga classes (I went from 2 right up to 11)
- To find the perfect clients (I’ve been very lucky to coach 10 clients over 2012)
- To create my blog + start writing (I had a deep longing for a long time to do this)
- To spend more time in the kitchen
- To complete my very first Vipassana
- To maintain a healthy stable weight
- To sing more
- To do some guest blog posts
- To find + accept my true self
- To spend + enjoy more time in my own company
- To read more
- To press pause + relax more
- To realize I have everything within me to create my own happiness + that I cannot rely on others for this
- To get to know + nurture my inner child
- To complete some Reiki training + learn ways to protect my energy
- To become an ambassador for a health product I’m passionate about (I’ve since become an ambassador for abi and joseph yoga wear)
- To create a cleansing program
- To run cooking lessons
- To start Mysore yoga practice
How these intentions manifest is not the important aspect of setting the intention.
Again, thinking of our intention as an arrow, hitting a target, we look at the target, not how were going to get there. In the same way, once we have a specific intention we want to shoot into the Universe, we are calling that future, that dream towards us, pulling our destiny into the present moment.
When we set intentions for our lives, it’s essential to do so in a confident, positive and present way. We want to drop away from negative intentions, such as “I will not eat sugar” but instead, “I have a healthy and nurtured body.” In this way we are encouraging a positive way of being, not cultivating a sense of guilt or inadequacy. For example, instead of intending more money to flow into our lives, we might try to set our intention in a more present and joyous way, such as: “I am loving the abundance in my life.”
So here’s my list so far for 2013:
- Have a very special wedding back on the Emerald Isle with family and friends in March.
- Launch my new website + branding.
- To travel to India for 5 weeks.
- Burning Man festival in Nevada Dessert + visit San Francisco (this has been on my to do list for a very long time)
- To write my first eBook
- To create my own yoga dvd
- To create my own yoga relaxation audio CD
- To master a free standing handstand
- Become a Senior Level 500 hr RYT with Yoga Australia + Yoga Alliance (I will have obtained this in April 2013)
- To receive Reiki Attunement L2 + Reiki L3 Master Level
- To commence eating physcology training
- To run my first of many group health coaching programs
- To add some more energy healing modules to my coaching (I’ve a few ideas but am still deciding what exactly it is I want to offer + create)
- To move to a quiet area in Bondi by the ocean, a nice bright space with an outdoor area for growing my own herbs + veggies
- To continue to be truly inspired by other wellness warriors
- To remain optimistically positive in all situtations
- More daily Vipassana meditation
- To act, speak and make decisions from my heart space
- Regular switching off + self-care
- To come together as a community + work with fellow healers + to support one another
- To read lots + lots (my wonderful fiancee got me the most perfect and thoughtful Christmas gift to help here – Kindle!)
- To get my drivers license
- To take some singing lessons (one of my dreams is to sing in my classes one day)
- To run some cooking workshops
- Attend the Hay House Writers Workshop when it’s in Sydney next
So how am I going to go about setting my intentions, goals + manifesting for 2013? Firstly I have purchased the wonderful Leonie Dawson life calender + workbook for 2013 as well as the business calender + workbook which I am currently working through.
On top of this I’ve signed up + commenced Danielle LaPorte’s new program The Desire Map which is a multimedia guide to what you want most. It’s AMAZING!!
It sure does feel oh so vulnerable to share all that! I wanted to share it with you so you could see an example as it can be tricky to set intentions without a real life example.
So what I’ve basically done is a BIG brain dump of what I’ve set + achieved this year + what I hope to achieve in 2013. These are a dump of everything from feelings, thoughts, things etc.
[quote type=”center”] Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.[/quote]
Wishing you the most beautiful New Year’s celebrations and don’t forget to take note of all that you’ve accomplished in 2012 which has been an incredibly transformational year for me personally!
So tell me what’s your biggest dream, passion + intention for 2013? I’d love to hear down below.
Love, Light and Lots of Happiness,
LOVE THIS POST?
Get updates delivered straight to your inbox.