This journey of life is an interesting one isn’t it!
I like to think of our time here on earth as being in school (that school is life itself) and I believe that our time here is a period of preparation for the eternal world.
If you pay close attention we are constantly learning lessons (the good and the bad).
Since part 1 of my Kundalini Teacher Training (last month) which I had the opportunity to learn a hard lesson in Authenticity, life really has started to shake from under me. I feel like I’m going through a kind of re-birth at the moment (that’s probably the best word I can use right now to describe this experience). I feel like I’m waking up on every level in every single area of my life.
Change isn’t easy….
Most people would agree that change isn’t easy. We are creatures of habit, which means its only natural that we’ll have difficulty giving up those things that we’re comfortable with for the unknown.
Taking those steps in our lives requiring change, demands a certain amount of honesty with ourselves. Resistance can tend to show its ugly face and at the foundation of that resistance fear can be found lurking in the background.
Are you fearful to make the changes that are essential in your life?
Have you been stuck for an extended period of time and kind of cruising through the days, weeks, months and even years?
Well guess what, you are so not alone lovely one! It takes a certain amount of bravery and courage to make and create changes.
Acceptance is the very beginning of change and growth.
Something I keep reminding myself of at the moment is ”Stop resisting what is bothering you”. I’m allowing myself to feel it and be in it when it arises for me.
I’m sure you have heard of the saying “what we resist persists”. Resistance keeps us stuck and we ourselves keep us stuck! Yes its correct that some circumstances can’t be changed but it is in those circumstances that we have our greatest learning, teaching, personal insight and ultimate change can be created.
What this has looked like for me in my life at the moment:
- Some relationships are starting to break down and fall away.
- My sleep patterns have been erupted and I’m waking at very odd hours where I’ve always been a very sound sleeper in the past.
- I’m experiencing random bursts of emotion that I didn’t usually feel before, such as intense crying while watching movies, videos and feelings of deep love and compassion and empathy towards those around me.
- Sudden longing to take running back up again.
- Feelings of intense pressure in the front of my brain (last week I literally felt like a pressure cooker going off).
- Removing myself from social media. Last week I decided to delete facebook off my phone. In all honesty I’m exhausted from it and its draining the life force from it. The only way I can access facebook now is via my computer.
- A deep craving to break away from my old way of being and doing such as useless and limiting beliefs that are no longer serving me.
- Zoning out for some time (my husband has to remind me to come back).
- Intense sensitivity to crowded environments such as shopping malls, restaurants, clubs, bars etc.
- Feeling a much stronger need to be in nature and feeling such a deep connection when I’m there.
- Intense sensitivity to negative energy around certain people and/or places.
You could say I’m experiencing a great transition of true awakening. As scary and unfamiliar this is feeling right now, I know its just a period I’m going through and I keep reminding myself of this mantra ”This too shall pass”.
I also know that I’m going to be a truer version of myself once this time of chaos has passed….I can feel it bubbling away inside of me…a deep longing to be me on every level.
The best medicine that a person can have is the knowledge and experience that he can swim through every tide and change of the time. If you have the mental competency to deal with every situation that arises, then you are very happy, very healthy, and very well-balanced person.
Here’s how I’m supporting and nourishing myself through this time of great change
- Committing to my daily Sadhana practice (even if it meant I fell off the wagon last week).
- Choosing love over fear. Too often my inner critic has been getting in the way, when I catch it I simply return to love.
- Daily meditation.
- Spending time daily in nature. I love walking with my puppy to Bronte waterfall and I will literally sit there as long as I can – just simply being and listening to the water trickling.
- Chanting is working wonders for uplifting me at the moment. It works pretty quickly at shifting my energy.
- Spending time with nourishing and uplifting friends and letting go of those relationships that no longer serve or support my path.
- Brewing a pot of my favourite herbal tea, and sitting down with a good book or magazine taking a break from the world.
- Singing……simply just for the joy of it. I find singing so healing (even if I’m not the most amazing singer, I do it anyway). Freeing my voice is a good way to help heal my soul.
- Starting my day by looking in the mirror and tenderly looking into my own eyes, I place both of my hands over my heart and I say to myself, “How can I remember to be more loving, caring, and joyful with you today?”.
- Counting my blessings – this has just become part of my daily spiritual practice. Jotting down the things I’m grateful each morning and evening.
- Journalling – I take a journal with me everywhere and out it pops when I need to vent or ask for guidance.
- Asking my angels and spirit guides for support and trusting that they are by my side always.
- Cleansing ocean swims.
- Self-healing with Reiki and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Tell me, what changes are you experiencing currently in your life and how are you keeping yourself grounded and nourished during this time?
If you would like my help and support in making some profound positive changes in your life right now, then please book in for a complimentary chat with me here to see if we are aligned to work together.
All my love,
LOVE THIS POST?
Get updates delivered straight to your inbox.